Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What a great week with a wonderful group of fellow travelers (both in the literal and spiritual sense).  Last Saturday I knew 2 of the 26 people that met at the airport in Atlanta to leave for Managua, Nicaragua.  However, 5 days into this experience I feel that I have made many new friends, have been welcomed into the group with open arms and that I've had the opportunity to see God's people sharing His love with each other from both sides of the equation. Some of my favorite memories of the week are: pats on my face by a 6 year old boy as he rubbed the stubble of my beard and starred me in the eye with a look of compassion, as if to tell me that God was with me - looking me in the eye at that very moment,  told me God loves me; watching grown men let down their guard to allow their hearts to be humbled by the people of Nicaragua, told me God loves me; seeing members of FBC Matagalpa volunteer their time and to serve along side us and to see the compassion and respect they showed to the people in the villages, told me God loves me; attending worship services and prayer services at the First Baptist Church of Matagalpa left me with no doubt that God loves me as I knew the Holy Spirit was there with us;  the list could go on an on, but I guess the point is God Loves Us all and He has used a bunch of folks from North and Central America to tell me that once again....Thanks to First Baptist Church of Cornelia and First Baptist of Matagalpa for allowing me to be a part of God's plan to share His love  - Blessings, David Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment